Corporate finance: current situation, outlook and the implications of the new EU banking package
All in all, businesses in Germany and the EU have come out of the pandemic better than was initially feared. The big challenge now is how to transform the economy and its financing digital and sustained. Banks have a key part to play here and therefore need an appropriate regulatory framework.
In a fireside chat with Michael Kotzbauer, Member of the Board of Managing Directors of Commerzbank AG, we’ll be discussing both the current situation and the outlook for corporate finance. Where do companies stand when it comes to investment, innovation and inflation? What role do banks have to play in financing the recovery and transformation?
In the subsequent panel discussion, we’ll consider the new EU banking package with representatives from the European Commission, the European Parliament and Commerzbank AG. What direction will this “Basic Law for Banks” take in the coming years? And what implications will that have for the role of banks and the financing of the economy?
- Michaela Zattler, Director, Association of German Banks
15:10 Part 1: Fireside chat (in German)
- Michael Kotzbauer, Member of the Board of Managing Directors, Commerzbank AG; Chair of the Corporate Finance Committee of the Association of German Banks
- Christian Ossig, Chief Executive, Association of German Banks
16:00 Part 2: Panel discussion (in English)
- Othmar Karas, Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Martin Merlin, Director, Banking, Insurance and Financial Crime, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Marcus Chromik, CRO, Commerzbank AG
Moderator: Detlef Fechtner, Börsen-Zeitung
17:00 Event ends