Brussels Livestream: Future EU/UK cooperation and market access – options for the financial sector
The Minister for Federal and European Affairs of the State of Hessen Lucia Puttrich and the Chief Executive of the Association of German Banks Andreas Krautscheid cordially invite you to the livestream on Wednesday, 16 December 2020, 12.00 – 1.00 pm.
The transition period agreed between the European Union and the United Kingdom after Brexit ends on December 31, 2020. From January 1, 2021, the British will no longer be part of the common internal market and the customs union. The United Kingdom officially becomes a third country. It is currently still completely open whether a final compromise will be found in relation to the planned trade agreement. Even if an agreement is concluded about the future relationship by the end of the year, the relationships will be fundamentally different. Ultimately, the financial market players on both sides find themselves in a trade-off between competition and cooperation. Will the UK be prepared for a genuine financial dialogue at eye level and can equivalence mechanisms be used effectively to provide market access for financial services? We want to ask ourselves these and other questions and we want to venture a first outlook at what the market for financial services will look like after the final completion of Brexit.
Please note: New time! 12.00 pm - 1.00 pm
Follow the livestream in English on Vimeo
- Mark Weinmeister, Secretary of State for European Affairs of the State of Hessen
- Almoro Rubin de Cervin, acting Director General Affairs, DG FISMA, European Commission (replacing Paulina Dejmek-Hack, Director, Strategy + Coordination, Taskforce UK, European Commission)
- Markus Ferber MEP, Coordinator in the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Almoro Rubin de Cervin, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Andreas Krautscheid, Chief Executive, Association of German Banks
- Detlef Fechtner, Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Börsen-Zeitung
You can register with the following link: https://eu.hessen.de/Finanzsektor
Please put your questions to the panelists via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simultaneous interpretation will be available for the livestream (English/German).